Wednesday, July 09, 2008

food and fabric

Heidi came over the other day and helped me make my first batch of freezer jam! We had a great time in between chasing children and feeding babies. We both have been quite inspired by so many of our favorite bloggers that post pictures of the beautiful meals they prepare. Not wanting to be left out, we shot some exquisite pictures of the delicacies we enjoyed that afternoon. Here is one we wanted to share with you!Lovely isn't it?
Here's a shot of the results of the freezer jam experiment. I think it is delicious however John does not seem to share my opinion. I made him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the new homemade jam, thinking that I was giving him such a treat. He took two bites and handed it back to me. "That's yucky Mommy."
Lovely.
So it looks like Chris and I have the jam stash to ourselves.
I have started working on a quilt for the family room. I'm working on it slowly, one square at a time. It's fun to have smaller projects to carry around with me.
I was inspired by this fabric by Anna Griffin. It's from her Sierra line. On this square I took a few of the flowers and outlined them with embroidery.
The next few are some embroidery doodles of my own. I traced these birds on with a fabric pen. And no , I did not come up with the pattern on my own.
This is the last one I have finished. I love this quote about home. I want this quilt to be a special one for our family. I love wrapping my family in homemade things and showing them that they are so special to me.

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing is cooler than that!

You have my mind spinning with inspriation!

JO

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home