Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Table

To me, tables are the center of hospitality.
Chris and I love having people in our home for both informal and formal events. I am never happier than when there is laughter and good food in my home (especially if someone else is doing the dishes!). Chris is an amazing cook and is always trying something new (check out his blog for more on this). The times we have had with friends and family around our table are some of my favorite memories.
But during the summer we liked being outside and we have inherited a beautiful deck from Mark and Stacy but alas, no table!
Chris then amazed me with his woodworking skills and whipped up a table in a day! (why is this man in seminary?)
It sat for a winter with only a coat of primer on it until a month ago when I finally painted it. (is any one picking up on my tendency to procrastinate?)
We had seen a few tables with wild colors and patterns all over and we really liked them. I'm really glad I didn't start painting when we had our first ideas because it would have been hideous. Time mellowed our plans and this is what we came up with!
I don't have the steadiest hand with a paint brush but I enjoyed working with a medium I am not familiar with. Chris also made the benches with some wood that his company was throwing away. He is full of suprises!
It is so nice to be able to entertain outside now. We have added some hanging candles and potted plants so our outside feels as inviting as our inside!
God has blessed us with wonderful family and friends and it's great to be able to open our home to give back to them.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

The table looks great!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home