Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Time with Linda

I got a phone call from my friend Linda the other day.
"I have a beautiful tree in my backyard. Why don't you and John come down for some pictures?!"
So here we are.
It was a beautiful fall day, suprisingly warm and sunny. John and I walked the block to her home and were greeted with a warm smile and a hug.
It was really such a simple thing, just us, a camera and some trees. But it meant so much more to me.
Do you ever have those days where you feel that you are "going it alone"? You feel surrounded by problems that are bigger than you and it makes you feel isolated.
And then, God reminds you that you are not alone. He gives us His people and loves us through them.
Linda is one of those people that is overflowing with the love of Christ. You can see it in her countenance and hear it in her voice. I have never had an interaction with her that didn't leave me encouraged. I'm not sure she even knows the depth of her own ministry...it's just who she is.

Do you have people in your life like this?
God has blessed my life abundantly with people who love Him and share His love with me. He brings them to me when I feel most discouraged. And then I am reminded, we are the Body of Christ. We are one in Him and because of Him we don't walk through this life alone.

7 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach,
You are a great example of one of these people. You have so graciously welcomed me into the family and each time I'm in your presence, you remind me of how thankful we should be for our blessings. Your little hints of advice about being a wife and growing together in Christ mean so much. I'm blessed to have you in my life as a sister-in-law as well as a friend!

Your thoughts are always a reminder of the little things, which are usually the most important.

You and John are glowing in the photos. You look beautiful and your growing boy is adorable. We can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving! Love you!!
~Jodi

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the picture! You look so good! And your little boy- oh so sweet- seems to be a little charmer... I was smiling as I read your post- I agree- God has placed people in my life that have been refreshing and encouraging.. and have been an example to me - What a great reminder today- I want to, in turn, let them know how very dear they are to me!

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh.. and by the way.. I was sitting here laughing remembering the time in Hebrew class, I believe, you put lotion on my elbows.. ha ha! THAT was great!! anyhow. hope that gave you a good chuckle as it did me today!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Cute pictures! John is such a handsome boy. Watch out for those little toddler girls to start noticing him soon....It is wonderful how God places the right people in our lives for the right times. And I have to say that you have been one of those people for me. Thank you!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Beautiful picture and wonderful, thoughtful post!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger mymeanderings said...

Your hair looks so cool! I wish my hair would do that!!! Mine is so thin and lazy.
Yes I have had people in my life who have been that way for me, I know just what you mean.
I am finally at the place where I ask for help (just called your Mom this week).
I am thankful for Linda in your life!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Full of JOY said...

aww...i LOVE that idea. what an amazing gift to offer someone: pictures, and a beautiful tree. you guys all look so beautiful!! i loved hearing such a sweet story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home