Friday, October 06, 2006

??!

What makes a 9 month old child decide that 3:45 am is an excellent time to wake up and play? And why does it take until 5:15 to convince him that no, night time is not for playing? So now he is asleep and I am semi-wide awake. It's too late now to go back to bed without some guilt. But too early to actually feel good about being up.
And now I'm complaining.
I'm also helping to lead a ladies Bible study. This week's topic was on being content and not complaining...
How annoying.
So here is my moment to shine.
Do I keep whining about my nocturnal child or do I roll with the punches?
...
I'll let you know what I decide later.

3 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Within the past couple weeks Noah woke up at 2 in the morning and did the same thing twice. I was practically crying and begging him to go back to sleep. He was laughing and throwing everything in his crib out and jumping around, kicking the walls, etc. He did it for about an hour and half each time. Good luck!

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Hi Rachel! Came to your blog from 4:53. I, too, am new to the blog thing. Still trying to put mine together. Yes, it is very hard to have to get up with little ones and frustrating when they won't go back to sleep. I remember those days well. I wish I would have known the Lord then, because often I had a very bad attitude. Now I have this verse hanging on my wall and refer to it almost daily:
"Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am...I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11-13. I'll be praying.
Also wanted to tell you how lovely your home is and I love the colors of your rooms!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Just over visiting from Dawn's blog. Your son is a cutie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home