Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Projects

I mentioned awhile back that I had a few projects I was working on. A few isn't really the right term. There are many. Some I'm just dreaming about and others are in the works. Either way it keeps me busy and my space cluttered (poor, patient Chris). Here's a few of the things I've been up to.

This is Matthew graciously posing with his and Jodi's wedding present... my first afghan! They live in Atlanta so I'm not sure how needed it will be but it was a lot of fun to make!

This is a purse/diaper bag I just made from upholstery scraps my Mom gave me. She got them at an interior design store that was throwing them away! I haven't yet made friends with my Mother-in-law's sewing machine so I stitched it all by hand. Tedious yes, but still fun.





This is my main artistic endeavor.

r. handcrafted accessories

I've been making jewelry for about five years now and have had some luck selling my wares at shops and home parties as well as custom orders. I love creating new designs and pairing unexpected colors, textures and shapes. I'm hoping to get my work into a few stores in the area.
This is part of the bead stash. It's a random assortment of glass and semi-precious stones. I like to just play with the beads and see what happens.



This odd-looking thing is eventually going to be a small bag. I'm knitting it with leftover wool yarn so I can felt it (tossing it in the wash so it shrinks) and see how it turns out. I've never felted anything before so I don't know how this will look but it's fun to try something new.




This is another scrap project (I seem to be doing a lot with scraps). I'm using leftover yarn to crochet random blocks that will become a funky (hopefully) attractive looking afghan. It may turn out to be hideous but it will certianly be an original! :)



This final project is my most favorite of all. He was nine months in the making and one day of wretched pain but I think he turned out pretty well! Here he is watching me work on another purse. He makes for great company.

2 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

You are delightful and so are all of your beautiful creations...especially John!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger mymeanderings said...

I loved this post!! Okay so can I put my order in? I really like your idea for the funky afghan.
The last necklace was my favorite it almost looked like wild silver ivy. My Mom did some of the felting and it came out cool, I am sure yours will be as well.
Thanks for sharing bits and pieces of your life..you are an artist!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home