Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Provider

As I was getting ready this morning (actually it was this afternoon), I was contemplating our financial situation at the moment. We are living in my in-law's basement and working a job that Chris doesn't enjoy and that doesn't yet pay enough for us to live on our own. We've been in this situation for almost 7 months now and all roads we pursue to change it turn into dead-ends.
Some days are difficult. I love my in-laws. They are wonderful, godly people and I am learning much from them. I enjoy every day that I get to spend with them. It is no drudgery living here. But every young family wants to live on their own. I miss my dishes and my furniture and not living out of boxes. It would be wonderful to have my own house to decorate and nest in. But that is not what God has for me right now.
All of this was whirling in my head this morning when I discovered that on the other side of my brain I was quietly singing to myself. As I listened to myself (which can be a very interesting activity) I discovered that I was singing the words to a chorus I haven't heard in a long time.

"Jehovah-Jireh, my Provider, His grace is sufficient for me."

What a slap in the face.
God is my provider. He has given me all that I need for this moment, this life, right now. I need nothing that He hasn't given me.
There is so much good in my life. I have a wonderful husband. Have I ever told you about my husband? I really should write a whole entry about him. He is the most amazing person I know. I would follow him anywhere. He loves me and cares for me in ways I don't deserve. Life is wonderful with him. My son is healthy and beautiful with a great personality to boot. I get to stay home with him and watch him learn and grow. This is the most fufilling time of my life! I am living with my in-laws, Gary and Kathy. Chris and I get to be mentored by a godly couple who love God and His Church. I learn more everyday about what it means to be a godly woman, wife, mother and friend. This was modled for me my whole life by my mother. She taught me and patiently showed me all these things but I didn't pay attention as I should have. God has given me a second chance to learn. I am surrounded with family, near and far, who love me and care for me and my little family.
We are involved in a wonderful body of believers who love God and are striving to serve Him with their whole lives. I have friends who love me and encourage me.
I am so blessed!!!
God truly is my provider and He knows what I need and when I need it.
I do believe that we will eventually move out of this basement. Someday we will be done with schooling. And someday Chris will have a "real" job. This is just a season of life. But I am grateful for all God has given me today and I can trust Him to provide for tomorrow.
"He is the same yesterday, today and forever."

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger the brewers said...

You are such an inspiration to hold on tightly to our faith and trust in God to lead us. We love you so much and your "little family" is in our daily prayers!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger mymeanderings said...

Awesome..I am sitting here thinking that I should write more than that one word Awesome...but that is the word that is sticking.
Your faith is awesome
Your love for your husband and son is awesome
Your respect for your inlaws is awesome
Thank you for taking the time to inspire us!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a drop in the bucket of eternity. And this life is a vapor.
thanks for the reminder to keep perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home