Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Lessons

John was upset this morning.
He felt orphaned and alone.
I was in the next room coming to get him but he didn't know that.
He was heartbroken.
I had left him and he didn't know when, or if I would return.
I came around the corner and his face lit up.
"You are still here! I'm so glad to see you!",was my interpretation of his smile (Who really knows what a baby is thinking?).
I picked him up and he snuggled close.
"Silly boy. I didn't forget you! Mama's right here."

Then I made the connection...I am often just like John. I can't see God working so I question if He is still there. When really, the whole time I feel abandoned He is there working things out for me.


"I lift up my eyes to the hills--
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip--
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you--
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm--
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore."

Psalm 121

5 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How often do we do that...so true.
Thanks for your comment on my blog...it was an encouragement...maybe we should take a pottery class? :)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Laura Siegrist said...

rachel, this is laura siegrist! janet and dan came over for dinner last night, and she told me that you had a blog. and so do i! so i thought i would write to you and say hi! my blog is www.laurasiegrist.blogspot.com
john looks beautiful by the way! david and just found out on monday that i am pregnant!! i'm so excited! i think i am due march 17. i'm about 5 wks. right now. anyway, an odd request, please don't post anything on my blog about it, there's still people who read it that i need to tell in person. my email is thirstyforgod@hotmail.com. i'd love to hear from you! have a great day!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,
This is Christa Haeck (or Schneider formerly)...from Barndollar! Laura Siegrist told me about your blog so I thought I'd check it out. Your baby, John, is beautiful! What a blessing! Matt and I still plan to wait a few years yet, but we'll see! Right now we beginning the process of a move to the San Diego area of California for Matt to attend Westminster Seminary this fall! It's quite an undertaking, but exciting to be making the next step.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello. My e-mail is cmhaeck@yahoo.com. Take care and enjoy your little one!

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just spent some time catching up on your blog entries! I've missed a lot!! How did that HAPPEN??! I love the pictures of John and your craft projects are AMAZING. I especially love the jewlery. gorgeous! I just ran into your mom at Target. She is the best! I hope all is well with you!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger mymeanderings said...

Miss hearing from you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home