Friday, March 06, 2009

I Think I'm in Love


...with my new scarf!
I took a challenge that my cousin Joanna gave me to make a scarf out of fabrics that I already had. I had tons of scraps left over from presents and other projects so I was eager to start. The quilt was put on hold in favor of playing with all of these fun, bright fabrics. I am actually disappointed that I am done working on it. I had so much fun sewing this together!
Today we enjoyed more spring like weather and lot's of sun. I can feel myself thawing from the long winter. We may get more snow before winter is completely done but this is a wonderful taste of what is to come!

7 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Laura Siegrist said...

oh i love it! i've seen jo's scarf and love hers too...i'm inspired to make one of my own someday! it's beautiful!

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fabric choices rock, it turned out so cool!!!!

Love, JO

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Fabulous! I love it!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Yeah, if you think that's a lot of comments, that's not even half of them. On the SITS page, there are 3 of my posts that are "recommended reading" or favorites that I had to submit. All these women are commenting on them, as well as on my welcome post from today. So far I have had close to 250 comments. And it's only lunchtime! Hey, are you still up for doing a "Friend Friday?" Maybe next Friday? ALSO, I may be in town Friday. Have you plans?

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I just realized that last comment all sounded kind of snotty - like I am all cool or something (which I'm not.) I'm actually exhausted from reading them and then commenting back on their blog pages. I have found some cool blogs in the process though...
Oh, and you can just shoot me an email about Friday and whether or not you're around.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I actually clicked over here through Joanna's site. I have seen her scarf (on her blog and on her once) and I love it and yours... so creative. I don't sew so I don't have any scraps! wanna make me one???! :)

Julie
www.xanga.com/parresia

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love it Rachel...do I see some Amy Butler is there? I'm jealous you are so talented!!

Jennifer (from book club:))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home